Pricing, Policies, and Procedures
Admission Prices (per person)*
|General Admission (required)||$9|
|Add a Movie or Stage Show||$6|
|Add a 45 minute Foundation Program||$6|
|Add a 90 minute Enrichment Program||$12|
* One teacher per group of 24 students is complimentary for all the above.
- Full payment is due 30 days before the scheduled visit.
- Your reservation is not fully confirmed until full payment is received. Failure to submit payment may result in the release of your reservation.
- Accepted forms of payments are Organizational Check, Credit Card, or Cash (Purchase Orders are not accepted)
- Field trips are non-refundable.
- The Science Center has reserved space and scheduled staff based on your final headcount provided to us at time of payment. No refunds or credits will be awarded if your group arrives with fewer students than anticipated, please plan your attendance counts accordingly. Additional tickets may be purchased at the same rate at any time, including the day of your visit.
- If you fail to cancel your reservation and do not appear, the Science Center will consider the reservation a no show and no refund or reschedule date will be given.
- If the Science Center is forced to cancel your reservation for reasons beyond our control, you will have the option of rescheduling or receiving a 100% refund.
- 1 teacher per 24 students is admitted at no charge. All other adults pay the same rate as the students, and are listed on your Booking Notice as “Chaperones”.
- To ensure adequate chaperone supervision, the cost of 1 chaperone for every 8 students is automatically added onto your reservation.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your field trip, please call the Reservation Center at (860) 520-2150 at least ONE WEEK in advance. Your field trip can be rescheduled for up to one year from the scheduled date. Your payment will be applied to the rescheduled date.
- If your group must cancel due to winter weather, we will help you reschedule your visit. You must contact us to let us know of your cancellation, and must choose a new visit date within 5 business days.
- For same day emergency cancellations or if you will be late please contact us on our emergency hotline, (860)520-2151.
- It is imperative that
the bus arrival instructions are precisely adhered to. The bus arrival
instructions will be included in your Information Packet which can be downloaded here.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled arrival time.
- Remain on your buses until a Science Center staff person greets you and escorts you into the building.
- We cannot guarantee a full program, or any program at all, if you are late. Late arrivals will not be allowed into the Theater. Late arrivals will not be refunded for missed programs or movies.
- All backpacks and personal belongings should be left on the bus as there is no storage for such items at the Science Center. Coats, if not left on the bus, will need to be worn or carried by the students throughout the visit.
- Please be sure your entire group is ready and waiting at the main entrance on Columbus Boulevard 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Buses may not park or idle in the pick up/drop off area and wait for their groups.
- If the group is not ready to board the bus when it arrives, the bus will be asked to pull out of the pickup area and go to the end of the bus queue.