Planning your Field Trip: Available Dates
September - April: Tuesday - Friday from 9am to 5pm.
May and June: Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Planning Your Visit
- Over 150 exhibits in 10 Galleries! Visit our Exhibits page to learn more.
- Need help structuring your visit? Download Trail Guides for students to use while exploring the exhibit galleries.
- General Admission is required with 3D Theater programming for school groups
- Click here for showtimes, movie trailers and teacher materials
- Click here to learn more about our Discovery Center Classroom Programs
- Discovery Center Programs are available for school groups during the academic year only.
- Time slots: 9:45 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:30 PM, and 2:45 PM
- General Admission is required with Discovery Center programming
- Maximum class size is 25 students.
- Minimum class size is 10 students. Groups with fewer than 10 students will be charged for 10 students.
- If you have program-specific content questions, please leave a message on our Field Trip Inquiry Line at 860-520-2152, the appropriate person will return your call
- Discovery Center Programs - $6 per person
- Each of these programs model one 45 minute classroom period of an inquiry based series of lessons and all use simple, inexpensive and easy to obtain materials
- Discovery Center Enrichment Programs - $12 per person (Limited Availability)
- Each of these programs give students a 90 minute hands-on experience in an advanced science concept using more sophisticated equipment and techniques.
- NOTE: We can accommodate a maximum of 50 students in any given Enrichment Program per day.
- A lunch room is available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are required.
- If your group does not have a lunch room reservation, lunches can be eaten outdoors in nice weather. In the case of inclement weather, the Science Center does not have any other indoor lunch venues.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from SUBWAY® at least 10 days before your visit date. Contact reservations for more information.