The Energize Connecticut Gallery
Wind turbines, solar panels, hydropower and fuel cells are just a few of the alternative energy technologies you will discover in the newly-updated Energy City. As you tour this virtual city, add up the savings of “smart energy” behaviors, and measure how your energy uses affect our planet.
- Map the paths of electricity through a model of a city, including some of Hartford’s most recognizable buildings.
- Spin a crank to see which types of light bulbs are most efficient.
- Tour the Energy Conservation House and take part in search-and-find activities.
- Calculate your personal carbon footprint.
- Energy City has been funded by Energize Connecticut
- Technical support has been provided by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), a U.S. Department of Energy laboratory.
- Household appliances provided by F.W. Webb Company/Frank Webb Bath Supply
- Lighting provided by Connecticut Lighting Centers
View Curriculum Connections