Earth Day through June:
Weekdays – Open after 2PM
Weekends – Open all day
July through August:
Every Day – Open all day
One of the special features that makes the Science Center a “green” building is our Rooftop Garden. A very specific planting design reduces by 50% the amount of water necessary to keep our plants thriving. Plants were chosen to highlight native species, and to explore some of the more interesting plants that have evolved in nature. The ground cover on the roof helps to insulate the building, making it more energy efficient, and the garden is home to many pollinating insects. It’s a cool place to relax and take in spectacular views of the Connecticut River.
- Check out local native species.
- Discover playful creatures in our Children’s Garden.
- Test your senses in our touch and smell zones.
- Visit Michaela’s Garden Project, sponsored by the Petit Family Foundation.
- Michaela’s Garden Project: Petit Family Foundation
Michaela’s Garden Project
Michaela’s Garden Project is a garden designed to encourage area families and youth to become more involved in community service. Sponsored by the Petit Family Foundation.
View Curriculum Connections