The Hartford Gallery
Cycling to Wellness New
The newest addition to our Sports Lab Exhibit Gallery, “Cycling to Wellness”, includes a virtual cycling game, a Build-a-Bike interactive cycling program, which enables children to test their bike designs on various landscapes from a level concrete surface to a rugged mountain trail; educational information on the health benefits of bicycling and other health-related information; and a UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling racing bicycle used during the 2015 professional cycling season.
Get in the game! Use your brain and your brawn to compete in hands-on challenges just like a professional athlete. Learn which sport best suits you, test your strength, see state-of-the-art sports equipment the pros use and see what’s going on INSIDE the athlete’s body.
- Take the speed pitch challenge to see how you measure up to the pros.
- Build your perfect bike.
- Hit the slopes in our ski simulator.
- Crash-test helmets to see how much pressure they can take—can they keep you safe?
- Squeeze, push and pull to measure your strength.
- Win a race using only your brain waves.
- Robert Fiondella
- IT Direct
- Kostin, Ruffkess & Company, LLC
- Reid and Riege, P.C.
- Dona and Roland Young
View Curriculum Connections