- To book these Birthday Specials, please contact us.
- Ask about our upcoming Butterfly Parties!
General InformationContact Us Book Now
We Have The Formula For A FUN Party
The Connecticut Science Center offers fun, interactive, hassle-free birthday parties for all ages. Splash in our Kidspace with your little ones, or explore your senses and dig into fun, ooey-gooey materials. Explore outer space or take a group photo in our 360 degree photobooth to celebrate your birthday! Your friends and family can experience over 165 hands-on exhibits at the Connecticut Science Center. We will help you customize your celebration for a one-of-a-kind experience.
The following dates are sold out:
Birthday parties are available Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 10AM and 5PM. On the day of your party, attendees may arrive beginning at 10AM to experience all of the Science Center’s exhibits.To reserve a party date, you must complete the online request form, and submit a $100 non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance and food order will be due within 5 business days of your birthday party.
Stellar Party Package
- Pricing: $350 for Non-members | $315 for Members
- 22 guests (children and/or adults) and 2 free chaperones
- General Admission to all exhibit galleries
- Decorated Party Room for 2 hours
- Dedicated Science Center Birthday Party Host
- Coupon for each child to return for free
- Paper plates, napkins, and plastic ware
- Printable invitations
Parties include General Admission to the Connecticut Science Center for the day, PLUS a special guided exhibit experience with a birthday party host for 22 guests (children and/or adults) and 2 free chaperones. Additional guests who wish to join the party and enjoy our galleries are charged on a per-person basis at the birthday rate. Additional birthday guests are charged $12; members of the Connecticut Science Center receive the discounted rate of $10 per person for birthday party admission.
Sample Party Itinerary
- 1 Hour and 15 Minutes: Exhibit Galleries
- 45 Minutes: Party Room (food, cake, presents, games, etc)
Customize Your Party
Birthday Party Options
- The following options are available for your party.
- Exciting Science Activities (See Below)
- Jaw dropping 3D films
- Science goody bags
- Cool T-shirts from our Gift Shop
- Food and drink options from SUBWAY® and FroyoWorld
Super Science Add-ons
- The following add-ons are available for your party. Include one in your party’s “formula” to create a memorable fun-tastic experience!
Sparkly Science (ages 7 and up, 30 min, $65)
Children will get to explore chemistry and learn about the benefits of many natural substances and ingredients as they mix their own chapstick and make fizzing bath bombs.
Get Slimed! (ages 6 and up, 30 min, $65)
Find out what polymers are and how we use them in everyday life. Create your own snow and make slime to take home!
Little Builders (ages 5 and under, 30 min, $65)
Help us build a new city. Young party-goers will take on the role of city planners and engineers in this fun party program. Work together to construct buildings, clear the way for roads, lay roads, erect stoplights, and place traffic signs.
Story Tails (ages 5 and under, 25 min, $50)
Join us for a story about one of our favorite animals and then get a chance to meet two additional animal friends - LIVE in person. Learn about their unique characteristics and enjoy exploring our animal sensory table.
Live Science Theater: Creature Feature (ages 6 and up, 30 min, $50)
Be a part of a live show as you help one of our survivalists prepare to travel a hot, dry climate. Meet animals native to desert environments and uncover the different ways they defend themselves from predators and the extreme heat. *Live Science Theater Shows are subject to availability. For more information, please contact a birthday coordinator at 860-520-2140.
Food & Drinks Options
SUBWAY® and FroyoWorld are the exclusive birthday caterers at the Connecticut Science Center. Outside food or beverages are not permitted by the Connecticut Science Center, with the exception of a (non-ice cream) birthday cake. However, if you have specific allergy/dietary needs, please speak to the Connecticut Science Center Birthday Party Coordinator.
SUBWAY® Party Packages
You and your whole birthday crew can “eat fresh” during your party! Choose from pizza packages, boxed lunches, or sandwich platters.View Menu
Enjoy your very own frozen yogurt bar! Party guests will select 3 toppings to create their own Froyo masterpieces. The Birthday Child will receive a FREE frozen yogurt.View Menu
The Cupcake Brake (Hartford, CT)
The Cupcake Brake is a mobile cupcake truck that you can have at your birthday party! Their fresh-baked cupcakes use only the best local ingredients. Customize your cupcakes with a variety of frostings and fillings.Add the Cupcake Brake to your Connecticut Science Center birthday party for $50 for use of the truck for one half hour, which includes up to 12 cupcakes for you and your party guests. Additional cupcakes are $2.50 each; additional filled cupcakes are $3.00 each. The truck can deliver your cupcakes or stay and become part of the birthday fun!
Dee’s One Smart Cookie (Glastonbury, CT)
Allergies? No problem! Dee’s One Smart Cookie will prepare an allergen-free cake just for your birthday party. These special cakes accommodate those who are peanut & tree nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free, and/or egg-free (upon request) and are always Non-GMO. Cakes are prepared locally in a dedicated allergen-free facility. As a gift from Dee’s, your cake will be delivered to the Connecticut Science Center free of charge and will be decorated to suit the theme of your party (valued up to $10.00).
Pastry Bag Cake Co. (Vernon, CT)
Pastry Bag Cake Co. will make your birthday party unforgettable with a custom gourmet cake to match your party’s theme. Book your party with us to receive free cake delivery; if you order cupcakes, you’ll receive the first dozen themed cupcake tags at no extra charge!
Frequently Asked Questions
Planning Your Party
- How do I book my party?
- Please read and complete the Online Birthday Party Request form. You will be contacted regarding your request within 48 business hours. A non-refundable $100.00 deposit is required to hold a date. This deposit will be applied to the final balance of your party. Party time slots are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Can I bring my own decorations?
- You may bring decorations as long as they do not hang from the ceiling or walls. Please note that we do not allow balloons or candles in the Science Center.
- Can I bring my own food and cake?
- SUBWAY® and FroyoWorld are the exclusive birthday caterers at the Connecticut Science Center (see menu). Outside food or beverages are not permitted by the Connecticut Science Center, with the exception of a (non- ice cream) birthday cake. However, if you have specific allergy/dietary needs, please speak to the Connecticut Science Center Birthday Party Coordinator.
- Do I have to provide my own party goods?
- The Science Center will provide all of the tableware needed for your birthday party. You are also welcome to bring in your own themed goods in addition to the supplies we offer.
- How long before the party can I make changes?
- Final attendance is required 5 business days before the date of the party. Any changes made within 5 business days of the party may not be accommodated. Any reductions in numbers within 5 business days of the party will not be refunded.
- If I cancel my party, will I get a refund?
- If you choose to cancel your party, you will forfeit your $100 non-refundable deposit. If you need to reschedule, you must let the Birthday Coordinator know within 2 weeks of your party, otherwise you will be charged a $75 rescheduling fee. You will have 3 months to reschedule.
- When is my final payment due?
- The remaining balance is due on the Monday before your party. This will include your food order, final head count, and any add-on costs.
Guests & Attendance
- How much do additional guests cost?
- Additional guests, beyond the 18 included with your party, are $12 per person for non-member adults and children; member adults and children are $10 per person. Children under 2 are free of charge, and will not count towards your party attendance count. Please note that each adult and child must have a birthday wristband in order to enter our exhibit galleries.
- Can parents attend my child’s party?
- Parents may join their children for a birthday party at the rate of $12 per person. If parents do not want to visit our exhibit galleries, they are welcome to stay in the birthday party room free of charge.
- Can I use my Membership to get into a birthday party for free?
- Connecticut Science Center members receive discounted rates for birthday parties and party admission. Birthday Parties are private events; Membership does not include admission to private events.
Food & Beverage
- Can I bring my own Food and Cake?
- SUBWAY® and FroyoWorld are the exclusive birthday caterers at the Connecticut Science Center. Outside food or beverages are not permitted by the Connecticut Science Center, with the exception of a (non- ice cream) birthday cake. However, if you have specific allergy/dietary needs, please speak to the Connecticut Science Center Birthday Party Coordinator.
- How long before the party can I change/update our food order?
- We must know the party’s final food order 5 business days before the date of your party.
- Where can my guests drop off their children?
- Where can my guests drop off their children?" Change answer to: "Parents and guardians dropping off children for a birthday party may park in our bus drop-off area for no more than 10 minutes. Visitors staying for the duration of the party may park in our garage; please see below for more information. Parents and guardians picking up their children after a birthday party should visit the Ticketing Counter in our lobby or the Birthday Desk on Level G1 and let an employee know which party their child is attending. A chaperone from the party will escort the child to meet his or her parent(s).
- Where can I park?
- Convenient parking at the Science Center/Riverfront Garage is located at the corner of Grove St. and Columbus Boulevard, underneath the Science Center building. It is a public garage. Please note: The Connecticut that the Connecticut Science Center neither owns nor operates the Science Center/Riverfront garage. The fee is $3 for the 1st hour and $2 for every additional hour.
March 4, 2017
"This was a great party experience. We love the CT Science Center so it was a no brainer to have the party here. Everything was awesome from start to finish. As parents we were able to enjoy ourselves as much as the kids did."
October 1, 2016
"My experience from scheduling to the actual birthday party event was exceptional. It exceeded my expectation. The party room was actually clean (I've had to clean party rooms in the past), beautifully and appropriately decorated. My son and our guests had a great, great time."
November 19, 2016
"The day was easy and stress free as a parent. Staff were professional, courteous, and always willing to help. I overhead quite a few of the kids attending mentioning that it was the best birthday party ever."
July 31, 2016
"My son and all of his friends absolutely loved the party and experience. It was great for me as a parent to sit back and just watch them enjoy everything. The Science Center really took care of everything and we just enjoyed the party."
June 24, 2017
"Absolutely hassle free. Great experience, awesome staff! Got a ton of compliments from both kids and parents about how much fun they had. Staff was super helpful, responsive and provided info I requested along the way. Day of was stress free and the staff was amazing with the kids making sure they were entertained."
August 27, 2017
"The staff was very friendly and good with the kids. The party room and items supplied were done nicely. All in all, the party at the science museum was a great experience."