Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
- $62 for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $65 for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $68 for non-members
January 20: Kart MasterShift your gear into fun and drive on in for a high octane camp experience. Inspired by the Nintendo classic, Mario Kart, we will explore the technology behind real karting and the science that goes into karting game design. How does physics play a part? Get ready to put the pedal to the metal in the name of science! (Note: Mario Kart or other Video games will not be played on site.)
February 17: Bubble LabPop! Can you make different shaped bubbles from a solution of your own creation? Can you make a bubble large enough to step inside? The sky is the limit as we experiment with everything that is – bubbly – at this camp. Campers will also get to join renowned Bubbleologist, Casey Carle, as he performs a special BubbleMania show.
February 18: GROSS!“That’s GROSS!” You've never had so much fun with the ooey, gooey, and GROSS things of science! Join us as we investigate the grosser side of the human body and learn why we have snot, what makes us burp, and how scabs form. We will look both inside and out to discover what makes you, YOU. It’s the grosser side of what makes us tick!
Winter Camp Registration
- $62 CT Science Center Members
- $62 Corporate Members
- $65 Downtown Hartford Employees
- $68 Non-Members
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- Camp Policies NEW
- Individual Plan of Care for a Camper With Special Health Care Needs or Disabilities NEW
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional)