Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
Winter Camp (2018)
December 26: LEGO CreatorLEGO lovers rejoice! This camp was built just for you. Let your imagination soar to the stars and beyond as you use LEGO building blocks to create your own inventions and solve fun challenges. Can you build a LEGO machine to help you do chores? What about a LEGO vehicle that is capable of independent movement? Choose from hundreds of building pieces like gears, pulleys, and levers to axels and wheels - and let your imagination take over.
December 27: Toy DesignerAre today’s toys just not living up to your imagination? Are the standard off-the-shelf options leaving you wanting more? We have the solution! Join us as we become toy creators and invent, prototype, and build the craziest and coolest new toys around. Watch your imagination spring to life as you help reshape and design the future of toys.
December 28: Kitchen ChemistryToday’s menu features chemistry with a side of FUN! Help us explore all of the science that can be found in the kitchen. Together we will investigate the wondrous properties of some pantry staples like milk and cabbage. We’ll be “cookin’ up” some fun experiments with these items and learning how the chemistry of food is just one example of the many roles chemistry plays in our everyday lives.
January 21, 2019: Science of Pokemon*Ever feel like you gotta catch them all?! Join us as we explore the imaginative world of Pokémon and the science behind it. Together we will investigate how the characters evolve the adaptations that help them win battles and the technology behind the phenomenon of Pokémon Go. *Pokémon is a registered trademark of Nintendo, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this camp. (Pokémon Go or other Video games will not be played on site.)
- $62/day for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $65/day for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $68/day for non-members
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- 2018 Camp Policies
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional) NEW