Kids have FUN on school vacation at the the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
- July 11-15, 2016
- July 18-22, 2016
- July 25-29, 2016
- August 1-5, 2016
- August 8-12, 2016
- August 15-19, 2016
July: Weeks 1–3 (prices per week)
- $315 for Science Center members and Corporate members ($340 within 2 months of camp starting)
- $330 for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford ($355 within 2 months of camp starting)
- $345 for non-members ($370 within 2 months of camp starting)
August: Weeks 4–6 (prices per week)
- $295 for Science Center members and Corporate members ($320 within 2 months of camp starting)
- $310 for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford ($335 within 2 months of camp starting)
- $325 for non-members ($350 within 2 months of camp starting)
July 11-15, 2016: Robot Olympics 2016: Session A
Get ready to achieve robot glory! Build and train resident CSC robots to race through obstacle courses and compete in Olympic-style events that will challenge new and experienced programmers alike. Campers will also construct their own robots to take home. Price includes additional materials needed for a great week at camp. Note: Olympians may only attend 1 week of robot camp in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
July 18-22, 2016: Backstage at the Science Center
What does it take to build and run an unforgettable science exhibit? Don’t miss this unique opportunity to go behind the scenes with the Science Center’s exhibit technicians and designers as they show how to bring science galleries to life. Craft an original exhibit to display for friends, family, and Science Center visitors. Price includes additional materials needed for a great week at camp.
July 25-29, 2016: Robot Olympics 2016: Session B
Due to popular demand, we are offering a second Robot Olympics 2016 camp. As our two robot weeks will be identical, Olympians may only attend 1 week of robot camp (either Session A OR Session B) in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
August 1-5, 2016: The League of Extraordinary Scientists
Should you believe everything you read in comic books? Find out which real-life substances can trap a super villain and what it takes to become invisible. Unlock these superpower mysteries and many more before transforming into your own superhero—complete with a custom-engineered suit, crime-fighting car, and a secret identity!
August 8-12, 2016: Science with a Suitcase
Join us on a global adventure! Track your discoveries as you trek around the world. Blast off with some of the first astronauts, sail down the Amazon River, and travel to exotic lands to uncover the science behind this blue planet we call home. Where in the world will you end up?
August 15-19, 2016: Solar Odyssey
Are you ready for a sun-sational experience? Use the power of the sun to energize a solar vehicle. Enjoy a snack cooked in your very own solar oven. Shed some light on the sun’s invisible UV energy. You’ll even be able to safely look at the sun itself through the Science Center’s solar telescope!
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps! Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- Camp Policies
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional) NEW