Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
April 13: STEM ChallengeJoin us for a day filled with adventure and intrigue! Our counselors have been working hard to design our best, most fun STEM challenges yet. Campers will have to work together using all of their science skills to solve the Science Center’s favorite STEM puzzles. Do you have what it takes to master them all?
April 14: Escaping EarthPrepare for an experience that’s out of this world! Discover how astronauts overcome gravity on Earth and other planets. Design and build your own air-powered rocket to take you to the stars. 3…2…1… BLAST OFF!
April 15: Hidden WorldsExplore the hidden mysteries of the Mayans! Learn some of the secrets of this highly advanced civilization. Then complete the challenges of the Maya! You will also visit our new exhibit, Maya, Hidden Worlds Revealed, to learn more about this highly advanced, ancient civilization.
April 16: Spring EncounterThings are ‘a-buzz’ here at the Science Center as we welcome spring! Our Butterfly Encounter is the perfect way to feed your Spring Fever. You will leave us having explored springtime science and with the materials to help you kick-start your own spring garden.
April 17: [CODE] MastersHow do electronics come alive? Dive into the world of programming with logic games that get at the heart of coding concepts. Think outside of the box and unleash your creativity as you make your own computer code. Watch as your code guides robots to tackle exciting challenges. Whether you are new to programming, or already know the basics, this camp will guide you down the path to becoming a master of your own code!
Spring Camp Registration
- $62 CT Science Center Members
- $62 Corporate Rewards Employees
- $65 Downtown Hartford Employees
- $68 Non-Members
July 6 - July 10 (Session A): Robot OlympicsGet ready to achieve glory as you join us for the 2020 Summer Camp Robotic Olympics! Code and train some of our resident robots to race through obstacle courses and compete in Olympic-style events that will challenge both new and experienced programmers alike as you go for the gold. Note: Olympians may only attend 1 week of robot camp in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
July 13 - July 17: Hogwarts Camp for MugglesBack by popular muggle demand! Get ready for an enchanted week exploring the links between science and magic! Attend your herbology, defense against the dark arts, and divination classes, but make sure to leave room in your schedule for broomstick practice. Work with the other students in your House to study magical creatures and spells. Headmistress Sarah looks forward to meeting all of our new and returning witches, wizards, and muggles!
July 20 - July 24 (Session A): STEM SpectacularDo you know who loves science just as much as the campers? The counselors! Join us for a week packed full of all our favorite STEM activities, challenges, and games. Coding robots, concocting potions, blowing bubbles, solving challenges, building with LEGOS, and so much more are all part of the adventure as we build your connection to STEM. Note: Campers may only attend 1 week of STEM Science camp in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
July 27 - July 31 (Session B): Robot OlympicsGet ready to achieve glory as you join us for the 2020 Summer Camp Robotic Olympics! Code and train some of our resident robots to race through obstacle courses and compete in Olympic-style events that will challenge both new and experienced programmers alike as you go for the gold. Note: Olympians may only attend 1 week of robot camp in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
August 3 – August 7: SUPER SpyPSSST, hey you! Over here! Do you think you have what it takes to be a super-spy? Then we need you. Learn the tricks of the trade as you decode, uncover, and sleuth your way to becoming a master spy. Do you have what it takes to become a super-secret agent?
August 10 - August 14 (Session B): STEM SpectacularDo you know who loves science just as much as the campers? The counselors! Join us for a week packed full of all our favorite STEM activities, challenges, and games. Coding robots, concocting potions, blowing bubbles, solving challenges, building with LEGOS, and so much more are all part of the adventure as we build your connection to STEM. Note: Campers may only attend 1 week of STEM Science camp in order to allow the maximum number of campers to participate.
Summer Camp Registration
- $295 per week for Science Center Members and Corporate Rewards Employees ($320 after May 24)
- $310 per week for Downtown Hartford business employees ($335 after May 24)
- $325 per week for non-members ($350 after May 24)
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
Health Forms: As a licensed Youth Camp approved by the State of Connecticut, we are required to comply with state regulations. Your camper may not participate in our program unless the following forms have been submitted:
- A medical form that includes immunization records, and is signed by a physician (Exam must be within the past 3 years – we will accept a copy that you’ve sent to school or another camp)
- DPH Authorization for the Administration of Medication (completed by your child's physician if the camper will be taking medication during camp)
- Individual Care Plan (completed by a guardian if your child’s medical form requires medication)
- Letter of No Medication Necessary (If child’s physical states that the camper takes medication but the child will not be taking medication at camp, a note from the child's physician must be submitted that the camper does not need the medication at camp)
- Medications:Medications must meet the following criteria in compliance with OEC requirements to be accepted:
- In order for you to leave your child’s medicine with us you must have completed the Authorization for the Administration of Medication form signed by a physician and parent/guardian.
- Must be in its original container with the pharmacy’s original label
- Must have the following information visible on the container:
- Child’s name
- Name of the medication
- Expiration date
- Prescription number
- Pharmacy name and address
- Prescribed over the counter medication must have the following:
- Child’s name
- Name of the medication
- Expiration date
All medications (except for those classified as emergency medications such as inhalers and epi-pens) will be kept in a locked box until the time the campers need to take them. The box will be kept locked in accordance with state regulations.
- Licensure: We are licensed by the State of Connecticut as a Youth Day Camp.
- Staff: Connecticut Science Center’s Vacation Science Exploration Camp will be staffed by the Vacation Camp Director and Alternate Directors. In addition, there will be Connecticut Science Center STEM Educators and Vacation Science Exploration Camp Counselors. Each camp group will have at least a ratio of 1 staff member to every 12 campers. STEM Educators and Counselors will run the science programs as well as all other games and activities. Every child will be supervised by camp staff at all times. All camp participants are expected to show the utmost respect for the Science Center and Camp staff, and they can expect to receive respect from Science Center and Camp staff in return.
- Age: Campers currently in grades 1-6 may register for camp. (Campers must have completed Kindergarten and are 6 years old by July 3rd, 2020 to attend our camps.)
- Groups: We have three groups of no more than 24 campers. After registration is closed campers are grouped by age and grade to give every camper the support to enjoy their day with us at camp.
- Group Requests: Activities are carefully planned to accommodate the grade level of the campers in that group. *Parent may request that their camper be grouped with a friend via email. Please understand that we will attempt to accommodate request if campers are the same age and grade level, but cannot guarantee all requests can be met.
- Cancellation/refund policy: No refunds will be given within 4 weeks prior to start date of your camp session. Cancelations made between 8 and 4 weeks prior to the start date of your camp session will not be refunded their 50% deposit or processing fee. If you have paid in full, 50% of the session cost will be refunded. All processing fees are non-refundable.
- Camp Attendances: No Refundswill be granted for absenteeism. All campers are required to attend camp for the date(s) he/she is registered. If a registrant fails to attend camp due to illness, vacation travels, or a parent decides to take that child out of camp, no refund or credit will be offered. If camp is canceled by the Connecticut Science Center you will be given an option of a refund or applied to allow attendance during another day(s) of camp.
- Late Pick-up: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members. If you will be picking up your child late, we request that you inform the camp as soon as possible. In the case where a camper is not picked up within 10 minutes after the close of camp the parent/guardian will be contacted and charged an additional $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members for each 10 minute interval.
- LUNCH/SNACK:Campers should bring a bagged lunch and snack with them every day. Lunches will be refrigerated per Connecticut Department of Health Regulations. However, there is no access to a microwave so please make sure their lunch does not need to stay warm or be reheated. According to Department of Public Health Regulations, no food item (even if it is soup or pasta) can be left outside of the refrigerator. In addition, please make sure that the lunches do not include glass bottles.
- Camp Policies NEW
- Individual Plan of Care for a Camper With Special Health Care Needs or Disabilities NEW
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional)