Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
Election Day Camp
November 5: Contraptions In ActionGo, go, gadget! Simple machines have been around for thousands of years and were used to help construct the pyramids and Stonehenge. Join us as we explore the uses of levers, pulleys, and inclined planes. Then build these machines to help solve a series of challenges that await you!
save the dates
Registration opens mid-October
- December 30
- January 20 (MLK, Jr day)
- February 17 and 18 (Presidents Day)
- $62 for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $65 for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $68 for non-members
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- 2019 Camp Policies NEW
- Individual Plan of Care for a Camper With Special Health Care Needs or Disabilities NEW
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- 2018 Camp Policies
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional)