Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
All camp weeks are filled for the summer. Limited spots remain in our Trailblazers program for students who will be entering grades 7–9
Note: Trailblazer Camp programs are for students who will be entering grades 7–9.
August 5–9: Creation NationOur Science Center civil engineers will collaborate, design, create, construct, and operate infrastructure projects within our Creation Nation. Use your imagination and the inspiration of real world engineered projects to develop safer roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and other infrastructure.
August 12–16: The Shape of SpeedDid you know the fastest land vehicle reached a recorded land speed of 1227.985 km/hr? Humans have always had a need for speed, and no matter the vehicle, speed has a certain shape. Explore how to achieve great speeds with nose cones, fins, spoilers, and curves. Investigate how these shapes function in harmony to make the most advanced vehicles humans have ever built. Your task is to push the limits on land, under the sea, and in the air to create the fastest Connecticut Science Center vehicle!
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- 2019 Camp Policies NEW
- Individual Plan of Care for a Camper With Special Health Care Needs or Disabilities NEW
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- 2018 Camp Policies
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional)