DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & ACCESSIBILITY
The Connecticut Science Center is an influential and exemplary leader in creating equitable engagement and access to STEM learning opportunities and STEM careers. We realize this vision with the proficiency and experience of our diverse team, supported by research and insight from our community and partners within the STEM Ecosystem. We share the advantages that STEM affords to individuals and communities as beneficiaries.
sensory friendly days
We want everyone to have a chance to enjoy the Connecticut Science Center. That's why we lower the volume and dim the lights for all our friends with sensory disabilities on special days throughout the year. Everyone who will benefit from a quieter, more neutral environment is invited as our special guests on these days! On one of these days, visitors will still experience all of the fun that the Connecticut Science Center has to offer, just without all of the loud sounds and bright lights.
View Upcoming Dates
Science Center Tour
Our exhibits include elements that attempt to reach as many learning styles, levels of interest, and physical needs as possible through use of audios, visuals, closed captions on videos, tactile components, and personal interactions with Connecticut Science Center team members in the galleries.
For those who need it, there is a passenger drop off and pick up area in front of the building at the Columbus Boulevard entrance. There are also a limited number of wheelchairs for use on a first come, first served basis which can be obtained at the Security desk.
- Seating and benches are located throughout the facility for your comfort and convenience.
- Licensed guide and service dogs are welcome in the facility.
- Infrared Assistive Listening Devices for theater presentations (available upon request.)
- Exhibit display panels are positioned for comfortable viewing from a wheel chair.
- If you need any assistance operating an exhibit, or have any questions while visiting the Science Center, please ask any team member (identifiable by uniform shirt and ID badge) and they’ll be most happy to assist you.