WHAT IS ACCESS MEMBERSHIP?
Since its inception, The Connecticut Science Center has been committed to the city of Hartford to build a science center that would be first-class, cutting-edge, engaging, and accessible to everyone. We aim to inspire children's interest in science, math, engineering, and technology, helping to fill a critical need for workers in those STEM fields. We have many unique hands-on, interactive ways for our visitors to learn and grow with us. And we believe everyone should have access to this kind of hands-on learning regardless of economic circumstances.
Our Access Membership program is for qualifying families with residency in Connecticut or Massachusetts who want all the same benefits that a traditional annual Membership provides but at a reduced price. Options are available for up to either four or six people.
- 18 or older
- A resident of either Connecticut or Massachusetts
- Have a Connecticut or Massachusetts government-issued photo ID
- Have at least one (1) of the following:
- - EBT Card (with the "Quest" logo)
- - Husky A or C Health Insurance Card (MUST be in the Adult's name)
- - MassHealth Insurance Card (MUST be in the Adult's name)
WHAT DOES AN ACCESS MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE?
Access Membership includes everything that our traditional annual Membership includes. Some of the benefits you will receive are:
- One (1) year of unlimited General Admission
- $5 on-site garage parking during our business hours
- Various reciprocals (as announced) with local partner museums and attractions
- Exclusive Member preview early access to new exhibits
- Special events throughout the year
- 20% Program discount (Science@Home, Liquid Lounge, Workshops, etc)
- 10% Birthday Party discount
- 10% Gift Shop discount
- Fully tax-deductible up to the amount you paid
- And more
HOW TO APPLY
- In-person at our Ticketing Counter during normal business hours
- Call our Membership Office at 860-520-2160
- Online by filling out the form on this page (someone from our office will call you to complete the process)
BUTTERFLY ENCOUNTER ADD-ON
Visit Connecticut's only year-round tropical butterfly habitat anytime you visit the Science Center. With the Butterfly Encounter add-on, everyone on your Membership will be entitled to complimentary tickets to the Butterfly Encounter should you choose to go on the date of your visit.The Butterfly Encounter add-on is an additional $12 per person on the Membership and must be applied across the entire Membership. So, for example, a four-person Membership would pay an additional $48 to add this feature. This add-on can be added to any existing Membership at any point in time during your Membership cycle. It will assume the primary Membership expiration date, regardless of the purchase date of the add-on.
GIVE AN ACCESS MEMBERSHIP AS A GIFT
Unfortunately, our Access Memberships cannot be gifted and can only be purchased and used by the person who meets the outlined eligibility requirements. However, if you're looking to send someone a Science Center Membership as a gift, you can do that through our traditional Membership program offerings.GIFT OF MEMBERSHIP
THE FINE PRINT
Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable. At least one named cardholder listed on the Membership must always be present and is included in the admission count when visiting. All Membership cardholders must be over the age of 18. When visiting, cardholders will be asked to show their Membership card and a photo ID.Membership admission privileges do not extend to visits with birthday parties, school field trips, or other group reservations. Membership is exclusively for use at the Connecticut Science Center. The Connecticut Science Center respects and maintains the security of your personal information at all times–at no time is any personal information shared or sold outside of the Connecticut Science Center.