- Admission tickets are good for the entire day of your visit. You can arrive/depart at any time, regardless of the timeslot you selected.
- Tickets are valid only for the date specified.
- Any date showing a SOLD OUT message means that we have reached our building capacity and additional tickets are not available. Please choose another day to visit.
- Science Center Members are encouraged to reserve (free) tickets online before visiting.
See current MUSEUM hours
See BUTTERFLY ENCOUNTER hours
Air Quality: You can breathe easy knowing that The Connecticut Science Center’s state-of-the-art systems keep our air fresh and clean.On a daily basis, approximately 20-30% of the air in our building is newly introduced outside air 24 x 7. 250 best-in-class air filters clean all the circulated air and trap 95% of pollutants.
Cleaning & Sanitizing: Our team constantly cleans and sanitizes touchable surfaces to reduce the transmission of bacteria and viruses.Try our iCleanse device sanitizers in Science Alley and on each bridge to keep your phone virus-free. Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are available throughout the building.
Touchless Amenities: Touchless amenities like hand-sanitization stations, sinks, paper towel dispensers, and toilets help reduce contamination risk.
The Connecticut Science Center provides hand sanitizer dispensers on every floor as a convenience for our guests. Sanitizers are filled with the recommended germ-killing products. While hand sanitizer is an accepted germ-cleaning method, health officials strongly encourage hand washing with soap and water as is the most effective way to limit the spread of germs. Restrooms are plentiful and conveniently located on every floor and in every exhibition gallery.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home
We have many interactive exhibits that are just the right size for Connecticut Science Center visitors under 7 years old. Our youngest visitors can build their own Tiny Town with soft, super-sized blocks in our KidSpace gallery; touch down in a lunar lander and explore the surface of the moon at Moonwalk in our Exploring Space gallery; and crawl through the forest to see creatures up close at Critter Corner in our River of Life gallery. These new hands-on experiences are FREE with a Connecticut Science Center Membership or the purchase of General Admission. Kids under 3 are FREE!
*Dangerous weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms, explosives, knives or other cutting instruments, facsimiles of weapons, and other objects that might be considered dangerous or that could cause harm, including harm to exhibits.
- Our exhibits include elements that attempt to reach as many learning styles, levels of interest, and physical needs as possible through use of audios, visuals, closed captions on videos, tactile components, and personal interactions with Connecticut Science Center team members in the galleries.
- For those who need it, there is a passenger drop off and pick up area in front of the building at the Columbus Boulevard entrance. There are also a limited number of wheelchairs for use on a first come, first served basis which can be obtained at the Security desk.
- Seating and benches are located throughout the facility for your comfort and convenience.
- Licensed guide and service dogs are welcome in the facility.
- Infrared Assistive Listening Devices for theater presentations (available upon request.)
- Exhibit display panels are positioned for comfortable viewing from a wheel chair.
- If you need any assistance operating an exhibit, or have any questions while visiting the Science Center, please ask any team member (identifiable by uniform shirt and ID badge) and they’ll be most happy to assist you.