Our Changing Earth
Investigate the impacts of our changing climate and see first-hand how our choices impact the world around us. Inside this stunning NEW exhibition, visitors will be greeted by a towering ice ledge and can step into the Earth’s core. The immersive experience will take you on a journey through Connecticut’s changing landscape with hands-on activities and immersive displays. Younger visitors will have a blast with life-saving search & rescue equipment and a crawl-through ice tunnel.
- Explore historical flood heights on a scale version of the Bulkeley Bridge and a floodheight interactive.
- Record your own weather forecast learn how advancing technology is helping us better forecast the weather in the all-new WFSB.
- Early Warning Pinpoint Doppler Radar Exhibit.
- Experience hurricane-force winds in the Hurricane Simulator.
- Learn about magma flow and plate tectonics as you journey to the center of the earth inside the giant geodesic dome, complete with vibrating core.
- Step into the shoes of a first-responder in the life-size, climb-in rescue raft.
- See the story of trash and how humans are impacting our Earth.
- Stand next to a towering ledge of ice to see the correlation between global temperatures and glacial ice flow.