We want everyone to be able to enjoy the Science Center. That’s why we are lowering the volume and dimming the lights for our friends with sensory disabilities. All who will benefit from a quieter environment are invited as our special guests for the day!
Sensory Friendly Day is presented by the Miracle League of Connecticut. Tickets are $14 online, in advance or $16.95 at the door (1:1 aides are always free). For more information, contact our Group Sales Department at email@example.com or call (860) 520-2112.
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Days
- Presented by Miracle League of Connecticut
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Upcoming Days Are Coming Soon
Sensory Friendly Day Pricing
At the Door: $16.95
(1:1 aides are always free)
Sensory Friendly Guide
Our exhibits include elements that attempt to reach as many learning styles, levels of interest, and physical needs as possible through use of audios, visuals, closed captions on videos, tactile components, and personal interactions with Connecticut Science Center team members in the galleries.
For those who need it, there is a passenger drop off and pick up area in front of the building at the Columbus Boulevard entrance. There are also a limited number of wheelchairs for use on a first come, first served basis which can be obtained at the Security desk.
- Seating and benches are located throughout the facility for your comfort and convenience.
- Licensed guide and service dogs are welcome in the facility.
- Infrared Assistive Listening Devices for theater presentations (available upon request.)
- Exhibit display panels are positioned for comfortable viewing from a wheel chair.
- If you need any assistance operating an exhibit, or have any questions while visiting the Science Center, please ask any team member (identifiable by uniform shirt and ID badge) and they’ll be most happy to assist you.
Please contact us if you have additional questions regarding the accessibility of our building.