Upcoming Sensory Friendly Days
- March 29, 2017
- May 27, 2017
- September 24, 2017
- October 4, 2017
Presented by Miracle League of Connecticut
Download Sensory Friendly Group Arrival Guide
The Science Center is an exciting place, bustling with loud sounds and bright lights...but we're lowering the volume and dimming the lights for our Sensory Friendly Days. We welcome all students and families on the autism spectrum or with sensitivity to light and sound to enjoy all of our 165 hands-on exhibits, and our newest exhibit, Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion!
- Advance: $14
- At the Door: $16.95
For more information and K–12 pricing, please contact:
- Brit Montmeat
Our exhibits include elements that attempt to reach as many learning styles, levels of interest, and physical needs as possible through use of audios, visuals, closed captions on videos, tactile components, and personal interactions with Connecticut Science Center team members in the galleries.
For those who need it, there is a passenger drop off and pick up area in front of the building at the Columbus Boulevard entrance. There are also a limited number of wheelchairs for use on a first come, first served basis which can be obtained at the Security desk.
- Seating and benches are located throughout the facility for your comfort and convenience.
- Licensed guide and service dogs are welcome in the facility.
- Infrared Assistive Listening Devices for theater presentations (available upon request.)
- Exhibit display panels are positioned for comfortable viewing from a wheel chair.
- If you need any assistance operating an exhibit, or have any questions while visiting the Science Center, please ask any team member (identifiable by uniform shirt and ID badge) and they’ll be most happy to assist you.
Please contact us if you have additional questions regarding the accessibility of our building.