School Group Admission Prices (per person)
|General Admission (required)||$11|
|Add a 3D Movie||$6|
|Add a Stage Show||$6.50|
|Add a 20 minute Butterfly Encounter Program||$6|
|Add a 45 minute Exploration Lab||$7.50|
|Add a 60 minute Exploration Lab||$9.50|
- If you are looking to get a quote for a Field Trip, but are not quite ready to book, please call or email the Reservation Center.
- When you are ready to book your trip, please submit a Reservation Request Worksheet.
- Your trip is confirmed when you receive a Confirmation Email from us, detailing your invoice and itinerary for the day.
- Full payment is due in advance of your trip. We accept organizational checks, credit cards, and cash.
- If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, please contact the Reservation Center.
- Refunds will not be issued for overpayments.
- Additional tickets may be purchased at the group rate, subject to availability.
Please note: Science Center and Corporate memberships cannot be used for group admission for students or chaperones.
- If the Science Center is forced to cancel your reservation for reasons beyond our control (scheduling conflict, emergency closing, etc.) you will have the option of rescheduling or receiving a full refund.
- We admit 1 adult per 24 students at no charge for all activities — all other adults will pay the same rate as students.
- An 8:1 student to chaperone ratio is required for groups bringing grades K-7, and a 12:1 ratio is required for groups bringing grades 8-12.
Behavior & Conduct
- Educators and chaperones are expected to provide supervision for their students at all times, as well as assisting them with appropriate behavior and educational interactions with exhibits.
- Students are expected to adhere to their school’s or organization’s code of conduct while visiting the Science Center.
Cancelling or Rescheduling
- If you must cancel or reschedule your field trip, please call the Reservation Center at least one week in advance. We will work with you to find a new date that accommodates your group.
- If you will be late, or have a same-day emergency cancellation, please contact us by calling the Reservations Hotline.
- Reservations Hotline: 860-520-2151
- In the case of an impending weather event (such as a blizzard, hurricane, etc), please contact us to provide alternate dates that you are able to attend in the case of a school delay or closing. If your organization officially closes or you are unable to attend for other weather related reasons, we will reschedule you to one of your selected dates.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if you think you will have a delay or closing – the best way to reach us is through email: reservations@CTScienceCenter.org
Prior to Your Visit
- Please make sure that the itinerary sent to you by the Reservation Center is communicated to all chaperones, so that you don’t miss any of your scheduled activities.
- Fill out the Chaperone Guide to help organize your group.
- Upon arrival to the Science Center, please pull into the bus drop-off area in front of the building. Remain on your buses until a staff member comes out to greet you.
Tip: For ease of check-in, have an updated headcount (students, chaperones, and teachers) prepared for our staff.
- Our team will review your schedule for the day, as well as distribute chaperone tags. Students must remain with their chaperones for the duration of the visit.
- Running late? Call us on the Reservations Hotline: 860-520-2151
- If you are late due to traffic or transportation issues, and miss a scheduled activity, we will do our best to schedule you for another activity, pending availability.
- Backpacks, coats, and other personal belongings should be left on the bus, as there is no storage for these items at the Science Center. If your group chooses not to leave their belongings on the bus, they will need to be worn or carried throughout the day. The Connecticut Science Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Reserving a lunch room is recommended at the time of booking, pending space availability.
- Please organize your lunches by classroom in a box or container prior to leaving your school. If you are scheduled for more than one lunchtime or location, please assign a lunch time to each class.
- Our staff will collect the lunches upon your arrival. Lunches must require no refrigeration.
- If your group does not have a lunch reservation, lunch can be eaten on the Riverfront Plaza, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the Science Center cannot guarantee availability for on-site lunch reservations.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from our on-site SUBWAY at least 7-10 days before your visit date. To take advantage of this option, click here.
- Please be sure that your entire group is ready and waiting at the main entrance of the street level (Columbus Boulevard) at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Buses may not park or idle in the bus cut-out area to wait for groups. Buses may be asked to circle the block if their group is not ready for pick up.