School Group Admission Prices (per person)
|General Admission (required)||$11
(with one free adult per 24 students)
|Add Butterfly Encounter Program||$6|
|Add a 3D Movie||$6|
|Add a Stage Show||$6.50|
|Add a 45 minute Exploration Lab||$7.50|
|Add a 60 minute Exploration Lab||$9.50|
|Add a 90 minute Exploration Lab||$15|
|Add a Subway Boxed Lunch *||$7.50|
One teacher per group of 24 students is complimentary for all the above.
- Full payment is due 30 days before the scheduled visit.
- Your reservation is not fully confirmed until full payment is received.
- Failure to submit payment, or make payment arrangements, may result in the release of your reservation.
- If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, please contact the Reservation Center.
- Accepted forms of payment: Organizational Check, Credit Card, or Cash (Purchase orders are not accepted as a form of payment)
- Additional tickets may be purchased at the group rate at any time, including the day of your visit (subject to availability).
- Field trips are non-refundable.
- We have reserved space and scheduled staff based on your final headcount provided to us at time of payment.
- Please plan your attendance counts accordingly! No refunds or credits will be issued if your group arrives with fewer persons than anticipated.
- If the Science Center is forced to cancel your reservation for reasons beyond our control (scheduling conflict, emergency closing, etc.), you will have the option of rescheduling or receiving a 100% refund.
Teachers and Chaperones
- 1 teacher per 24 students is admitted at no charge. All other adults pay the same rate as students, they will be listed on your Booking Notice as “Chaperones”.
- An 8:1 student to chaperone ratio is required for groups bringing grades K-7, and a 12:1 ratio is required for groups bringing grades 8-12.
Cancelling or Rescheduling
- If you must cancel or reschedule your trip, please call the Reservation Center at least one week in advance. Your trip can be rescheduled for up to one year from the scheduled date.
- For same day emergency cancellations or if you will be late, please contact us on the emergency hotline.
- Emergency Hotline: 860-520-2151
- In the event of an impending weather event, you may contact us and provide alternative dates that you may attend. We will verify availability and reschedule your trip if, and only if, your organization officially closes.
- The Reservation Center checks official sources (news provider/school website) on mornings which inclement weather is expected.
- During times of inclement weather, the best way to reach us is through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The instructions will be included in your Information Packet, but may also be downloaded here.
- For your convenience, we will provide bus driver instructions to drivers upon arrival.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled arrival time.
- Remain on your buses until a Science Center staff member boards your bus and provides further instruction.
- Running Late? Call us on the emergency arrival hotline: 860-520-2151.
- We cannot guarantee a classroom program or movie if you are late.
- Late arrivals will not be refunded for missed programs or movies.
- All backpacks, coats, and other personal belongings should be left on the bus as there is no storage for such items at the Science Center. If belongings are not left on the bus, they will need to be worn or carried throughout the day.
- The Connecticut Science Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you are scheduled for a lunch time, have all your lunches ready to be collected when you exit the bus.
- Lunches must require no refrigeration.
- In fair weather, groups may eat outside. However, in the event of inclement weather, the Science Center does not have an alternative indoor lunch venue.
- Please arrive at the scheduled lunch venue at least 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- The specific venue and scheduled time will be listed on your Booking Notice.
- Please be sure your entire group is ready and waiting at the main entrance on Columbus Boulevard at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Buses may not park or idle in the pick up/drop off area and wait for groups.
- If the group is not ready to board the bus upon arrival, the bus may be asked to pull out of the pickup area and proceed to the end of the bus queue.
Book Your Trip