Saturday, May 22, 2021
11AM - 3PM
MakeFest activities run from 11AM - 3PM.
A timed ticket must be purchased online.
makefest: make it grow
The Connecticut Science Center is excited to welcome local gardeners, farmers, makers, and artisans as exhibitors. In keeping with our theme, we want to highlight the importance of growing healthy, smart, green, and local through engaging on-site and virtual demonstrations, displays, and activities, all centered around Connecticut gardening and agriculture. Plus, the fun extends to our Rooftop Garden with family gardening activities presented by the Petit Family Foundation.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH: CT. Master Gardener Association
& The Petit Family Foundation
ACCESS SPONSOR: Jacquelynn Garofano, PhD
- Plant and Flower Sale on the Science Center Plaza
- Featured local makers and artisans including the Connecticut Master Gardening Association, Keney Park Sustainability Project, and UConn’s Biodiversity Conservatory
- Virtual workshops and on-site “Take and Make” projects
- Family gardening activities with the Petit Family Foundation on our Rooftop Garden
- Mini-Munch Food Truck
- Maker Show-and-Tell on Facebook Live
Presented by the Connecticut Master Gardner Association, will feature a wide variety of native and sustainable plants at low prices. Explore our gardens to get inspired and receive expert advice from Master Gardeners. Lots of plants available to take home so you can start or grow your garden or potted plant collection with, including:
- Locally grown vegetables
- Butterfly and pollinator plants
- Ground covers