With more than 165 hands-on and minds-on exhibits on four floors plus, exciting 3D movies, the Connecticut Science Center offers fun, interactive learning experiences for all ages.
New permanent exhibits, like our Hot Air Balloon, revamped Energy City Gallery, Humanoid Robot Exhibit and Freeze Frame 360, plus great traveling exhibits that change throughout the year, mean that your family is sure to discover something new and exciting with each visit.
The Science Center is centrally located with access to I-91 and I-84, with great amenities like convenient onsite parking, family rest rooms, and lockers. Be sure to check out our Science Themed Gift Shop and grab a bite in our SUBWAY® café. Plan your family adventure today!
NEW Activities for our Youngest Visitors–three new exhibits now open!
Our new interactive exhibits are just the right size for Connecticut Science Center visitors under 7 years old. Our youngest visitors can build their own Tiny Town with soft, super-sized blocks in our KidSpace gallery; touch down in a lunar lander and explore the surface of the moon at Moonwalk in our Exploring Space gallery; and crawl through the forest to see its creatures up close at Critter Corner in our River of Life gallery. These new hands-on experiences are FREE with a Connecticut Science Center Membership or the purchase of General Admission. Kids under 3 are FREE!
We recommend all these exhibits and activities for kids under seven:
- Kid Space – A water play area on the Lobby Level (Note: They will get wet! You might want to bring a change of clothes for your little scientist.)
- Video Floor & Paint Box, Level 4
- LEGO Imagination Station, Level 5
- Live Animals & Stream Table, Level 6
- Dinosaur & Dino Dig Pit, Level 6
- Children’s Garden and play area on the Roof Garden (Seasonally May – September)
- Storytime! Level 5 (Note: Program is offered on weekends and some holidays. Please check at Ticketing upon arrival for details.)