Thank you for booking your Field Trip to the Connecticut Science Center!
This page provides information that will help you plan your field from start to finish.
Please review your Booking Notice to ensure the details are accurate.This document details your itinerary for the day, as well as the cost breakdown your trip.
NEED TO BOOK YOUR TRIP? Please follow this link to submit a Reservation Request Worksheet.
CONTACT OUR RESERVATION CENTER
- Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 9AM–4PM
- Phone: (860) 520-2150
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Day Of Updates: (860) 520-2151
- Read your itinerary closely. Make sure that you are scheduled for the activities you requested, and that you have split your groups accordingly into each of the activities. If anything needs to be corrected, contact the Reservation Center.
- If you are coming with a large group, we recommend splitting into smaller groups of 8-12 people to ease your navigation through the galleries. Fill out the Chaperone Worksheet to help organize your mini groups.
- Would you like to visit the Science Center for FREE to pre-plan your visit? Once your trip has been scheduled, contact the Reservation Center to arrange a visit for yourself and other staff members that will be attending your group trip.
- Parking Information:
The Connecticut Science Center does not own nor operate the parking garage. We recommend bus parking at an open lot down the street – it costs $10 per bus, which can be paid in cash or credit card at the automated pay station. We will provide directions to your bus driver when you arrive.
If you have chaperones that choose to drive themselves, there is a parking garage underneath our building available for an hourly rate of $3 for the first hour and $2 for each additional hour.
During Your Visit
- Upon arrival to the Science Center, please
pull into the bus drop-off area in front of the building. Remain on your buses until a staff
member comes out to greet you.
Tip: For ease of check-in, have an updated headcount (students, chaperones, and teachers) prepared for our staff.
- Our team will review your schedule for the day, as well as distribute chaperone tags. Students must remain with their chaperones for the duration of the visit.
- If you have reserved lunch space, please note that seating is limited and often shared with other groups. Please arrive on time to your scheduled lunch slot to ensure your group is able to utilize the full 25 minute lunch wave.
- If you visit the Gift Shop during your trip, please plan to visit in smaller groups.
ENHANCE YOUR VISIT
Exhibit Trail Guides
Use these guides to explore our exhibits through interactive activities that provide a structured experience with connections to NGSS.
View trail guides specific to our current traveling exhibit.
Visit one of our Public Programs Educators or one of our Science Show Presenters during their exciting demonstrations in our galleries.
- Reserving a lunch room is recommended at the time of booking, pending space availability.
- If your group does not have a lunch reservation, lunch can be eaten on the Riverfront Plaza, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the Science Center cannot guarantee availability for on-site lunch reservations.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from our on-site SUBWAY at least 7-10 days before your visit date. To take advantage of this option, click here.
- Full payment is due in advance of your trip. We accept organizational checks, credit cards, and cash.
- If you need to make alternate payment arrangements, please contact the Reservation Center.
- Refunds will not be issued for overpayments.
- Additional tickets may be purchased at the group rate, subject to
Please note: Science Center and Corporate memberships cannot be used for group admission for students or chaperones.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your trip, please call the Reservation Center at least one week in advance.
- For full list of policies, click here.
If you have feedback about your experience, please email us at reservations@CTScienceCenter.org or fill out our survey.