September - June: Tuesday - Friday. 9AM–5PM
July and August, or on a weekend: Open Daily 10AM–5PM.
Visitors with Special Needs / Accessibility Information
General Admission: Explore the Exhibit Galleries
General Admission is required for Field Trips.
- Over 165 exhibits in 10 galleries! Visit our Exhibits page to learn more.
- We recommend allocating at least 2.5 to 3 hours in our exhibits.
- Need help structuring your visit?
- After booking your trip, schedule a complimentary visit for yourself and teacher chaperones attending your trip. Use this time to become acquainted with our facility and create structure for your visit. Please contact Reservations at least two days in advance of your potential complimentary visit.
Make Curriculum Connections
Please review the Science Standard Matrices, available by grade level, on this page.Admission Pricing and Policies
Field Trip Packages
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art Joint Field Trip
Two amazing field trips for one low price? We’ve got it! Visit the Connecticut Science Center as well as the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art. You will have the option of a themed or general tour at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art plus a self-guided experience at the Science Center.
*Tour must be reserved at least 3 weeks before desired tour date. General tours are appropriate for all ages.
$12 per person
Butterfly Biomes (60 minutes): Stretch your wings in our Butterfly Encounter while you explore a different climate. Then move to one of our labs to create other climates that support a variety of animals.
Butterfly Spy (Grades K-2): More than just a pretty set of wings, butterflies are busy doing important work. Explore how butterfly behaviors help them meet their survival needs in our new Butterfly Encounter. How many beautiful butterflies can you spy?
Wild Wings (Grades 3-8): Immerse yourself in a world of wild adaptations as you tour our new Butterfly Encounter! Look deeper to discover peculiar structures that help butterflies survive and thrive.
Butterfly Encounter School Programs: 20 minutes long, $6 per individual, must purchase General Admission.
LEGO CODE: CONNECTICUT, GRADES 2-4
Join LEGO® Education for an immersive hands-on workshop. Your students will have the chance to explore coding, critical thinking, collaboration and problem solving by participating in learning through play activities. During your visit, children will run building and programming activities with LEGO®Education WeDo 2.0.
These fun workshops are led by LEGO employee volunteers. Open to Grades 2-4, availability is limited and seats will fill quickly.
Included with Field Trip General Admission
20 Minute Butterfly Encounter Program ($6.00 per person) NEW
Dive into a fully living, tropical experience at the all new Butterfly Encounter. Experience an immersive exhibit like no other at the Science Center. With new species and a variety of tropical plants, this exhibit is not only fully living but constantly growing. Experience life science at its best with colorful butterflies in our tropical greenhouse.
- All-season butterfly habitat and greenhouse.
- General Admission is required.
- More than 30 different species of plants chosen specifically with our butterflies in mind.
- Butterfly Encounter is home to 40 – 50 different free flying species (new species introduced weekly).
- With butterflies from South Asia and Costa Rica, our butterflies are a part of a global sustainability effort that is not only saving the forest but also boosting economies.
Discovery Center Programs
45 Minute Exploration Labs ($7.50 per person)
During a facilitated laboratory program supported by Travelers, students are active participants, performing investigations and learning how science is part of their own everyday experiences. Each Discovery Center Lab models one 45-minute classroom period that aligns with the Next Generation Science Standards.
60 Minute Exploration Labs ($9.50 per person, Limited Availability)
- Our Discovery Space Lab program, Energy through Time and Space, takes you on a million-mile journey under our brand new dome! Investigate the invisible energy that holds the universe together and provides a sustainable climate for life on earth. Return to the beginning of our universe and travel a billion years into the future to discover how our sun and solar system will come to an end. This program runs for 60 minutes and is appropriate for grades 4–12.
Enrichment Programs ($15 per person, Limited Availability)
- Each of these programs give students a 90 minute hands-on experience in an advanced science concept using more sophisticated equipment and techniques.
- Notice: We can accommodate a maximum of 2 Enrichment Programs (25 persons each) per day.
- Movie: $6 per person | Stage Show: $6.50 per person
- Choose from a 3D Film or an educational stage show
- General Admission is required with theater programming
- Lunch space is available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are required.
- If your group does not have a lunch reservation, lunches can be eaten on the Riverfront Plaza, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the Science Center does not have any other indoor lunch venues.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from our onsite SUBWAY® at least 10 days before your visit date. To take advantage of this option, select the option for SUBWAY lunches during the booking process.
- Bring your group for a tasty frozen treat at our new Froyo World Frozen Yogurt Lounge! Froyo World is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11:30AM to 5:30PM.
For information regarding pricing, policies or procedures, click the following link. Learn more
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM–4PM
Contact: (860) 520-2150