September - June: Tuesday - Friday from 9am to 5pm.
July and August, or on a weekend: Open all week, 10am to 5pm.
Visitors with Special Needs / Accessibility Information
General Admission: Explore the Exhibit Galleries
General Admission is required for Field Trips.
- Over 165 exhibits in 10 galleries! Visit our Exhibits page to learn more.
- We recommend allocating at least 2.5 to 3 hours in our exhibits.
- Need help structuring your visit?
- After booking your trip, schedule a complimentary visit for yourself and teacher chaperones attending your trip. Use this time to become acquainted with our facility and create structure for your visit. Please contact Reservations at least two days in advance of your potential complimentary visit.
Make Curriculum Connections
Please review the Science Standard Matrices, available by grade level, on this page.Admission Pricing and Policies
Field Trip Packages
Little Live Science for Pre-K Students
Supported by LEGO Community Fund US
Hands-on, interactive science isn’t just for the big kids anymore! We’ve got special, age appropriate programming just for the little ones. Little Live Science includes a walk through the Butterfly Encounter.
(Select Tuesdays Fall 2017)
$10 per person
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art Joint Field Trip
Two amazing field trips for one low price? We’ve got it! Visit the Connecticut Science Center as well as the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art. You will have the option of a themed or general tour at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art plus a self-guided experience at the Science Center.
*Tour must be reserved at least 3 weeks before desired tour date. General tours are appropriate for all ages. Themed tours are ideal for grades 6-12.
$12 per person
Butterfly Spy Butterfly Spy (Grades K-2): More than just a pretty set of wings, butterflies are busy doing important work. Explore how butterfly behaviors help them meet their survival needs in our new Butterfly Encounter. How many beautiful butterflies can you spy?
Wild Wings (Grades 3-8): Immerse yourself in a world of wild adaptations as you tour our new Butterfly Encounter! Look deeper to discover peculiar structures that help butterflies survive and thrive.
Butterfly Encounter School Programs: 20 minutes long, $6 per individual, must purchase General Admission.
Butterfly Encounter Program ($6.00 per person) NEW
Dive into a fully living, tropical experience at the all new Butterfly Encounter. Experience an immersive exhibit like no other at the Science Center. With new species and a variety of tropical plants, this exhibit is not only fully living but constantly growing. Experience life science at its best with colorful butterflies in our tropical greenhouse.
- Butterfly Encounter school programs are 20 minutes long and cost $6 per individual. Only available with General Admission.
- All-season butterfly habitat and greenhouse.
- Epiphyte Tree – Our epiphyte tree is a tree without roots. Epiphytes are organisms that grow on the surface of a plant and obtain nutrients from the air or moisture.
- More than 30 different species of plants chosen specifically with our butterflies in mind.
- Butterfly Encounter is home to 40 – 50 different free flying species (new species introduced weekly).
- With butterflies from South Asia and Costa Rica, our butterflies are a part of a global sustainability effort that is not only saving the forest but also boosting economies.
Discovery Center Programs
Lab Programs ($7.50 per person)
Each program models a classroom period that aligns with the Connecticut Science Framework and/or the Next Generation Science Standards.
Discovery Space Lab Programs ($9.50 per person, Limited Availability)
- Our new Discovery Space Lab program, Energy through Time and Space, takes you on a million-mile journey under our brand new dome! Investigate the invisible energy that holds the universe together and provides a sustainable climate for life on earth. Return to the beginning of our universe and travel a billion years into the future to discover how our sun and solar system will come to an end.
- This program runs for 60 minutes and is appropriate for grades 4–12.
- Available beginning at 8:15am.
Enrichment Programs ($15 per person, Limited Availability)
- Each of these programs give students a 90 minute hands-on experience in an advanced science concept using more sophisticated equipment and techniques.
- Notice: We can accommodate a maximum of 2 Enrichment Programs (25 persons each) per day.
- Movie: $6 per person | Stage Show: $6.50 per person
- Choose from a 3D Film or an educational stage show
- General Admission is required with theater programming
- Lunch space is available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are required.
- If your group does not have a lunch reservation, lunches can be eaten on the Riverfront Plaza, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the Science Center does not have any other indoor lunch venues.
- Boxed lunches may be ordered from our onsite SUBWAY® at least 10 days before your visit date. To take advantage of this option, select the option for SUBWAY lunches during the booking process.
- Bring your group for a tasty frozen treat at our new Froyo World Frozen Yogurt Lounge! Froyo World is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11:30AM to 5:30PM.
For information regarding pricing, policies or procedures, click the following link. Learn more
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM–4PM
Contact: (860) 520-2150